Sunday, October 12, 2008

An 'A' for effort?

So, I'm sure that this happens in more than just our little household, at least I'm hoping it does (for my husband's sake). This morning I needed to leave the house a little early so I asked Jeremy to get Kate dressed for church...

Take 1
Kate comes out with one of her summer dresses on....never mind that there is a nice blanket of snow on the ground outside. I say, "Umm, try again." So they both walk back to her room...

Take 2
Much better this time, Kate comes out with a sweater, skirt and a pair of tights on. O.k., that's looking more like winter clothing...except, what's that around her ankles? As I examine a little closer I realize that Dad just hadn't pulled the tights up all the way and so she had elephant ankles (or as Kate called them, "bracelets on my ankles"). So I have her stand up on the bed so that I can pull them up and as I am doing that I think to myself, 'All of the tights that she has are from last winter, if anything these should be a little small'. Still a little puzzled, I start gathering the extra material from her ankles to pull it up towards her waist and the tights just keep on stretching and stretching. Now I'm thinking that something just isn't right, so I take them off of her to exam the darn things. Mystery solved...THESE ARE MY TIGHTS!!! I just start dying of laughter. Kate wants to know why I am laughing and I tell her 'Oh, just because your Dad is a little crazy.' She thinks that's funny and we have a good laugh together as I put the right size tights on her. By this time Jer has made his way into the shower and after I get her dressed she proceeds to the bathroom, throws open the shower curtain and says, "Dad, you are a little bit crazy!" Gotta love him for trying! (You might be wondering how my tights made it into the drawer with Kates tights in the first place...Here's the deal in our house, I wash and dry all the clothes and Jer folds and puts them away. He usually does this task while watching sports....enough said!)

8 comments:

TaYloRcD5 said...

Oh I laughed my guts out!!!! That is great. I think that is what happens everytime the Dads try to do the dressing of the children. How funny!! Love you guys!!

** Adrian ** said...

OH I can so relate to this!!! Just a couple weeks ago I put Nate in charge of dressing Wyatt for church...his idea of "church" clothes--a t shirt & khaki pants. Hmmm...let's try again. I asked him why he put a t shirt on him for church & he said, "Well, if you can find something better you're welcome to change him, but there isn't anything better in his drawers." Oh yeah?!? I walked calmly to his room, opened his shirt drawer & in about 1.2 seconds had him a nice, button down "CHURCH" shirt!! Oh well!! I guess guys just aren't born with this talent like Moms are!! haha Great post!!

Natalie said...

That is so classic! Jared has finally learned (after numerous failed attempts) to just let me pick out the kids outfits for church! Gotta love them for trying so hard!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! You have to admit that your tights might only be a little bit longer than Kate's! HA! jk, love you!!

Lindsey said...

Hi Ang,

That is so funny. I guess guys just don't see the details in those kinds of tasks. Although it is great that they are willing to help!

ReadingFamily said...

Hi Angie, We just don't wear tights or nylons at our house. Ella does I guess. That was a cute story.

Mullin Fam said...

What a great story! I laughed so hard! One time I went to church early and Willie showed up with Kate and she had neon green hair ties in her hair!!! He told me that is what she picked! I said, she picks that every day, but not for church!!

Unknown said...

i love it when dads try and dress little girls. hee hee! has he tried to do her hair yet? that's the best :)